Water damage can cause serious problems for homeowners. It can occur to anybody, for a variety of reasons. Water damage can be caused by:
– Water leaks. The most common cause for restoration of water damage. Damage to the water from an event like a storm or a roof leak are also reasons to consider. In most instances, however, the damage caused by a burst pipe is the most costly since it requires going to the attic, which usually involves tearing down the ceiling or the roof.
– Drying. Drying is a less frequent reason for restoration costs for water damage however it’s worthy of mention. Standing foot baths with water (or showers) are those in which there is no water that is coming out of the shower head. If the walls and floor are wet, they may dry out quickly since they are so damp. If the water dries out too quickly , it can cause mold to develop which isn’t a good thing.
Average cost of water damage restoration. The cost of water damage restoration will vary based upon the extent of the damage. A pipe that is damaged or broken, or a minor damage will usually cost less than a fourth of the cost to hire an organization for restoration. Damage to water that is severe enough to cause a building to be shut down for several days, and is insured will typically cost more than half the average repair cost for water damage.
– Carpeting Drying Out. It is possible that your carpets require replacement in the event of extensive water damage. This will likely raise the cost of the repair job because you’ll have to buy new carpeting and/or padding.
– Leaking Pipes. It is extremely uncommon for a leaky pipe to be caused by restoration of water damage services. Most cases of water damage are caused by inadequate maintenance. A clogged sink, toilet, or drainage system can cause water damage around all hours of the day, even during an emergency. In this situation the average cost of the repair would be approximately two-thirds of the amount it will cost to replace the carpeting.
Drying carpeting that is wet. Your carpeting should be dried quickly if saturated with water. This can increase the cost of restoration for water damage per square foot. If you have to clean up a flooded basement drying can be faster since the lower levels are typically dry. However, even the basement is dry, there could be water damage beneath the carpeting due to the contraction and expansion that occurs when water dries. Calculate the size of the room divided into square feet. Then multiply that number by the cost average of restoration of water damage per square foot. Read more about WaterDamageMentor here.
– Drying and Spills Sometimes water damage restoration companies are called in during extremely wet days. The spillage needs to be cleaned up quickly after it occurs. The area affected by the spill has to be cleaned and sanitized in order engage a plumber to take away the mess and make sure that the area is dried. For larger spills, especially if they are underneath wallpaper or carpet it might be necessary to have the carpet pulled up and replaced altogether. Once the area is dry, the restoration company for water damage will require drying the area, which could cost more than hiring an experienced water damage restoration firm in the first place.